The Complete 8 Channel Video Processing Toolkit.
Closing the gap between video and audio. Conceptually, the V__pro8 resembles a bridge builder. It is a compact, fully digital, 8-channel video processor comprising all of the glue features usually needed in the broadcast production workflow. Combining video and audio management in a single tool guarantees maximum efficiency and greatest operating safety, with significantly reduced space, wiring and cost.
For perfect synchronization: Integrating different signal worlds.
The V__pro8 is the perfect tool to connect different video formats as well as to connect between audio and video. High quality format conversion, color correction as well as audio embedding and de-embedding make the V__pro 8 a compact and powerful video processor, building bridges between different worlds and formats. A high-density MADI audio connection provides efficient video-to-audio bridging within the studio infrastructure. The V__pro8 works as a flexible matrix system: using its 8 x 8 video matrix and 384 x 384 audio matrix, it is possible to switch any signal to any other. A modern GUI based on HTML5 provides an ideal interface for easy handling of day-to-day work.
Here's how it works: eight high quality 3G SDI de-embedders and a corresponding number of embedders are looped into the eight video signals according to your preferences. This enables any number of audio signals to be used from the video material, and new audio signals to be embedded into the video signal - a simple, reliable and efficient solution.
Powerful tools for video processing
- Video / Audio Router provides an internal 8 x 8 video routing matrix and a 384 x 384 audio routing matrix.
- Frame-Synchronizer for syncing incoming independent free running signals to the same reference (Blackburst or TriLevel).
- Variable Video & Audio Delays for compensating latencies and lip-sync matching between incoming or outgoing audio (up to 320 ms delay) and video (up to 8 frames delay) signals. AudioFollowVideo delay mode for automatic compensation of internal video latency.
- (De-) Embedding with SRC to embed, de-embed and shuffle any of the 16 audio channels within the 8 SDI input/output streams simultaneously. Audio interfacing to mixing consoles or external audio routers via MADI.
- Dolby E® Auto Aligner to automatically adjust the timing of Dolby streams.
- Surround Downmix for providing two automated Lawo-quality 5.1/7.1 to stereo downmixes per embedder.
- Timecode Insertion provides selectable ATC LTC / VITC1 / VITC2 insertion from an input signal or free run mode or from internal Timecode Generator.
- Test Pattern and Video ID Generator provide video ID insertions (text, source, date, timecode, time of day) and color bar test pattern as well as a selection of audio test tones and AV Sync test pattern.
- Thumbnail Previewing to provide motion previews of video signals. The thumbnails are available via IP and can be displayed on the V__pro 8 GUI, external master control systems or PCs.
- High-quality Up / Down / Cross & AR Format Converter for 3G / H D / SD-SDI signals to any relevant broadcast format.
- Multi-format video output: an incoming 1080p signal can be converted to 1080i and 720p at the same time. The next generation motion-adaptive de-interlacing and scaling technology guarantees high image quality.
- Quadsplit Multiviewer provides a high quality video and audio monitoring solution with true peak & peak metering,
- UMD and tally support via the unit’s MV video outputs (BNC / Display Port), displaying up to four video sources at the same time.
- Waveform and Vectorscope Displays enable measuring & monitoring of video signals and evaluation of video adjustments processed within the V__pro 8.
- RGB & Y UV Color-Correction and Proc-Amp to adjust the video signal to specific color requirements. High-quality algorithms guarantee perfect video signals.
- AV Sync Measurement is a high-end measurement tool for managing the precise synchronization of audio and video signals. It can create a V__line sync pattern and read / analyse three types of sync patterns: V__line, EBU and the Vistek® VALID8 pattern. Each input of the V__pro8 can be used to read the incoming VALID signal.
- Dolby E® Encoding/Decoding* provides up to four instances of fully compatible en / decoding of professional quality multi-channel audio on a single AES3 connection with Dolby E® metadata handling. In combination with the unit’s Dolby E® Auto Aligner, the V__pro 8 becomes the perfect transmission path gateway for multichannel productions.
High usability, intuitive controls. Innovative functions are only useful in combination with user-friendly controls.
Consequently, the V__pro8 provides three convenient ways to control the device:
The V__pro8 can be configured via an easy-to-understand HTML 5-based touch screen interface that runs directly within the web browser. No software installation is needed. As a result, you benefit not only from state-of-the-art user-guidance, but also from elegant animations and many, practical features such as the video channel preview on your GUI. In addition, the web-based approach enables the user to access all V__line devices from anywhere within the network — a feature especially useful in bigger set-ups or in outside broadcast productions with long-distance links.
The V__pro8 fully supports the Ember+ protocol, enabling the device to be controlled by external master control systems like BFE’s KSC, Axon's Cerebrum or Lawo's Virtual Studio Manager. This allows operators to easily access multiple device parameters along with other routing parameters of the broadcast installation via a single, integrated interface. In addition, they get access to the V__pro8’s thumbnails and peak meters within the VSM desktop environment.
V__fp1 Front Panel
In addition to the web GUI, the V__pro8 can be equipped with an optional V__fp 1 hardware control panel for direct configuration and operation, including switch panel and shot box functionality. It features a high-res OLED color display for showing the configuration menu and real-time viewing of video sources. In combination with the large rotary encoder and a Return / Cancel button this allows quick and easy set-up on-site. Ten quick-selection buttons for switching sources, a front-panel headphones connector for audio monitoring and an USB port for saving and loading of configurations complete the V__fp 1 user interface.
The most important highlights — everything at a glance
- Embedding and de-embedding for 8 video channels
- Integrated Sample Rate Converters
- Two 5.1 to stereo Downmixer per Embedder
- Variable audio delay of up to 320 ms for each mono channel
- Variable video delay of up to 8 frames for each channel
- Video Frame Synchronization for each channel
- RGB Color Correction & Proc Amp for all video channels
- Up to 2 (3) channels Up/Down/Cross Format & AR Conversion
- Time Code Insertion, Test Pattern Generator and Video ID Generator per video output
- Multi-Format Video Output
- Visit the LAWO YouTube channel for detailed tutorials on the V__pro 8
- Video Signal Input/Output
- 8x 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs via BNC connector
- 8x 3G/HD/SD-SDI outputs via BNC connector
- 1x 3G/HD-SDI MV output via BNC
- Display Port for local MV monitoring
- Reference Signal Input/Output