Professional Audio & Television Pty Ltd is a leading distributor of broadcast and professional audio equipment in Australia, with our office located in Hornsby, Sydney. PAT sell, configure, install and commission systems for brands such as LAWO, VSM, DirectOut Technologies, ROSS VIDEO, RTW, Boland Communications, Demitis, Bel Digital and various other manufacturers.
A position for a Broadcast Engineer has become available, performing the following tasks and duties:
- Understanding all of PAT’s brands on a technical level, and to be able to deal with support enquiries from customers
- Provide technical support during system design, configuration, installation and commissioning
- Setup and configure systems for customer inspection, training, commissioning and trade-shows
- Provide technical support to the sales department and assist in system design
To be successful in this role you will possess the following attributes and characteristics:
- Have a minimum of 5 years proven track record in the broadcast industry with detailed knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Have an understanding of, and keen interest in broadcast routers, switches, broadcast audio consoles, broadcast control and automation systems, robotics, cameras and IT networking
- Have a keen eye for detail and be able to manage your time while multitasking
- Provisioned in AutoCAT2016, with the ability to translate design briefs into detailed installation drawings
- Have a very professional telephone manner and be able interact with all levels of personnel – from junior techs to MD’s
- Be punctual, self driven and willing to ‘go the extra mile’ for the greater good of the company and your career
- Highly responsible, trustworthy and very well presented
- Have a current drivers license
It would be advantageous but not essential if you fulfill the following criteria:
- Have in depth IT networking knowledge
- Have technical experience with any of the brands we represent
- Have previously worked in a technical sales environment
We are a small team of high achievers and each team member is highly respected and regarded in their chosen field and industry. To become part of our team, you will not only need to fit in, you will need to bring motivation and determination that is necessary to drive the business forward. As a small team, you will need to be an all-rounder who is willing and capable to do what is necessary to get the job done.
If you are the right person for the job, we offer competitive remuneration relative to your experience, a relaxed and fun work environment, further education in the technical field of the broadcast and pro-audio industries. Possible opportunities may also exist for the successful candidate to undergo overseas manufacturer certified training.
To apply for the above position please submit your 1 page cover letter outlining why you are the right person for the job with your CV to email@example.com. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply.